Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

February 19, 2016

Looking for WW1 Soldier James A. McDonald

My friend Patricia G. shared this story on the Grande Prairie District Branch of Alberta Genealogical Society Facebook page a few days ago. 

Can my wonderful readers help?

At our AGM last night a member came in with a photograph from her own family collection. The information she had to share about the photo is that James A. (Jim) McDonald walked over the Edson Trail with her relative (surname Edgerton) and later signed up for WWI. James was said to not have remained in the Peace Country for too long.

The goal is to return this photograph to a relative of James A. McDonald. I told her I would share it with the sleuths on this site and see what we could come up with for her.


*Another tidbit is that the Edgerton family settled around the Beaverlodge area.

*The newspaper article is one I found on-line that I think may be the same guy.




Aug. 28, 1917 in the Grande Prairie newspaper.



1 comment:

Annette Fulford said...

There are two James McDonald's listed in the 66th Battalion nominal roll. One is James McDonald, regimental number 101688 and the other was James Robert McDonald 101377. I'd say the first one is likely the man.Incidentally, the other man listed in the photo is Kenneth Murray, regimental number 101470.